Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And Now for Something Completely Different

Now what? That's the question I have been asking myself a lot lately since the marathon.
During the last few months since our last post, I almost wrote about varied topics: an amateur magician practicing card tricks, shuffling and slights of hand on the "el"; the photography class I have been taking; the week-to-week changes on the lakefront. Nothing seemed to be "important" after the rewarding experience of the marathon and the fundraising. Well, there may be no topping the charity marathon, so to borrow a line from Monty Python -- and now for something completely different.

Not completely though. We are still running outside every weekend as far as thirteen (13) miles. The coldest temperature on the Sunday runs has been 5 degrees, before the windchill and the minor windburn that I suffered that day. We have committed to running the AIDS Marathon Program, probably staying local with the 2009 Chicago Marathon. We will run some out-of-town races, including a half-marathon in Ft. Worth, Texas in two (2) weeks with my family. We may try others, and possibly another full marathon out-of-town. Knowing that we can finish a marathon, we won't focus on the success and challenges of training nearly as much.

But I digress. Going forward, this blog will be as varied as our life experiences with events remarkable and thoughts random. After a extremely busy couple of months at work for Jenn and me, we should blog with regularity again. These entries and entries on "Listimosa," our second blog regarding all things lists (ours and others, including national publications, and thoughts about those lists) http://listimosa.blogspot.com/, will occur with the prior frequency. Because some lists were easy to prepare, we have kept up with Listimosa a bit more. Nonetheless, I feel a little guilt for leaving this blog unattended. Fortunately, I have made significant progress on my goals for 2009 (as discussed on Listimosa) while getting a lot done at work.

My guilt and my commitment stem are best summed up by a film that had a major effect on me: Throw Momma from the Train. Certainly not Best Picture, it did forever leave me with the mantra: "A writer writes. Always." With that in mind, I hope you find your interest surge as this blog emerges from the fog.

No comments: